Working at Turnstone can contribute to a rewarding career serving people with disabilities. We invite qualified applicants to apply for the positions listed below. For all positions, send cover letter and resume to Hannah Elzinga, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Turnstone is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Turnstone is seeking two full time physical therapists who are flexible, energetic, self-directed professionals to join our expert team of therapists in providing direct services to children and adults in a positive and supportive team environment. At Turnstone, we believe that people with disabilities should be empowered to achieve their individual goals and live their fullest lives.
Physical Therapist - pediatric and adult experience preferred, full-time (40) hours with benefits.
Turnstone is seeking enthusiastic and outgoing lifeguards to work with people with disabilities of all ages in their warm water therapy pool.
Lifeguards are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and secure environment for all pool patrons. This includes constant surveillance of patrons while in the facility; acting immediately in an emergency and providing appropriate CPR and first aid skills; providing care and treatment as required until emergency personnel arrive; abiding by, and showing authority with all Board of Health and Turnstone rules and regulations; testing and maintaining balanced chemicals; completing annual lifeguard requirements and training; and maintaining equipment in good, working, and safe condition and stored appropriately. Training includes current basic lifeguarding certification, adult/infant/child CPR, blood borne pathogens, and standard first aid (recognized sources – American Red Cross, Ellis, YMCA, or YWCA).
Must be at least 18 years of age.
These positions are part-time with flexible hours Monday through Saturday with evenings and possible Sunday hours.
Summer Teaching Assistant
The Kimbrough Early Learning Center at Turnstone is seeking a Teaching Assistant for before and after school care, Monday – Friday, starting May 30 through August 12, 2019. Hours: 10:30am – 5:45pm, with opportunity for more hours to cover staff vacation time.
The Teaching Assistant provides individualized instruction to children and is responsible for the management of the classroom including supervision of the children. . In addition, the candidate must have the ability to make independent decisions within the scope of duties; ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize; possess excellent communication skills; the ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with peers and clients. This position requires current and maintained certification in First Aide and this position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
The Teaching Assistant, under the direction and supervision of the Lead Teacher and the Director of Kimbrough Early Learning Center, will:
- Assist in the preparation of daily activities.
- Implement individual and group instruction. Provide for the physical, mental, and emotional needs of children.
- Assist in personal needs of the children: change diapers, dress and undress, medication administration, and feeding as needed.
- Assist in classroom activities: follow through with objectives, outcomes, and progress as established by the teacher. Assist with games, feeding, music and free-play. Assume share of joint responsibilities. Share ideas and plans.
- Assist in keeping classroom area clean and orderly; organizing, washing toys, dishes and laundry.
- Must possess adequate strength and endurance necessary to assist clients with transfers, ambulation and other functional mobility activities.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Complete other duties as assigned.