Working at Turnstone can contribute to a rewarding career serving people with disabilities. We invite qualified applicants to apply for the positions listed below. For all positions, send cover letter and resume to Hannah Elzinga, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Turnstone is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Turnstone, one of Fort Wayne’s most trusted non-profit organizations, is seeking to hire a Staff Accountant. Turnstone is a long-standing organization founded in 1943 that today provides comprehensive services for thousands of people with disabilities annually within our community and across the country.
Turnstone’s mission is rooted in the important work of empowering people with disabilities to live their fullest life. This is accomplished collaboratively across the organization through the largest offering of programs and services for people with disabilities in the country, including physical, aquatic, occupational and speech therapies for children and adults, early learning child care, memory care programming, adult day service, adaptive sports and recreation, and health and wellness services, as well as serving as home to USA Goalball and one of eleven Training Sites designated by the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee.
This position applies basic accounting procedures in assisting with the management of Turnstone’s financial affairs in support of the agency’s mission and in serving children and adults with disabilities. Duties would include Accounts Payable, Journal Vouchers, Cash Disbursements, Cash Receipts, and Accounts Receivable entries. Other duties would include basic reconciliations and assistance in the annual financial audit and budgets.
Requirements include a bachelor degree in business with a major in accounting and a willingness to work in a mission driven environment.
Submit resume and salary requirements by December 20th, 2019 to:
3320 North Clinton Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46805
Executive Assistant to the Chief Program Officer (CPO)
Turnstone is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to the Chief Program Officer (CPO). This position
will provide support to the CPO, and interact with the rest of the Turnstone team, clients, board
members, and community.
This Executive Assistant position is:
- 20 hours per week
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage complex administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment and initiative
- Maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Analyze documents, prepare research reports
Requirements of the position include:
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in a related field, bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a related field
- Detailed and organized
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products including excel, word, etc; with a variety of software platforms, internet research, data organization, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Volunteer Track and Field Coach
This is a volunteer position. If interested, please send an application to Molly Cinker at email@example.com.
The Track & Field season begins with practice January 6th through July 24th, ending with Junior Nationals in Denver, CO. Practices for the 2020 season will take place on Mondays and Thursdays from 5:30 - 7 pm. Practices will take place at Turnstone, and outdoor training will begin in mid-April. (No practice on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, 1/21)
The team will first meet on January 2nd for an information meeting from 5:30 - 6:30 pm. Turnstone's team practices with Blackhawk Christian Middle School Track & Field. Therefore, this position is best for someone who is good at encouraging an inclusive environment. Turnstone track athletes both run and use racing chairs. Turnstone field athletes range in events including shot put, discus, long jump, and high jump. Athletes compete in specific divisions based upon their age and classification.
This position is suited for someone who is organized with a positive attitude. The track coach is responsible for running practice and attending each track & field event. This coach must also be goal-oriented to help the athletes develop and grow over the season.
2020 Track & Field Season:
- Endeavor Games at Turnstone - April 24th through 26th
- Adaptive Sports USA Junior Nationals in Denver, CO - July 19 through 24th
- Thunder in the Valley in Saginaw, MI - Late May or Early June
Full Time Teaching Assistant
The Kimbrough Early Learning Center at Turnstone is seeking a charismatic Teaching Assistant with potential hours of: 11:00 am-6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. This exciting position is a great opportunity especially for early childhood educators.
The Teaching Assistant provides assistance in group and individualized instruction and supervision of the early learning center children, ages 3-6 with and without disabilities. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to make independent decisions within the scope of duties; ability to plan and prioritize; possess excellent communication skills; and the ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with peers and clients.
- Current and maintained certification in First Aid and CPR
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential
- Adhere to Indiana State regulations for licensed child care centers and Paths to Quality requirements.
The Teaching Assistant, under the direction and supervision of the Lead Teacher and the Director of
Kimbrough Early Learning Center, will:
- Assist in the preparation of daily activities.
- Provide for the physical, mental, and emotional needs of children.
- Assist in the personal needs of the children.
- Assist in classroom activities: follow through with objectives, outcomes, and progress as established by the teacher. Assist with games, feeding, music, and free-play.
- Assist in keeping classroom area clean and orderly; organizing, washing toys, dishes, and laundry.
- Must possess adequate strength and endurance necessary to assist clients with transfers, ambulation and other functional mobility activities.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Turnstone is seeking enthusiastic and outgoing lifeguards to work with people with disabilities of all ages in their warm water therapy pool.
Lifeguards are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and secure environment for all pool patrons. This includes constant surveillance of patrons while in the facility; acting immediately in an emergency and providing appropriate CPR and first aid skills; providing care and treatment as required until emergency personnel arrive; abiding by, and showing authority with all Board of Health and Turnstone rules and regulations; testing and maintaining balanced chemicals; completing annual lifeguard requirements and training; and maintaining equipment in good, working, and safe condition and stored appropriately. Training includes current basic lifeguarding certification, adult/infant/child CPR, blood borne pathogens, and standard first aid (recognized sources – American Red Cross, Ellis, YMCA, or YWCA).
Must be at least 18 years of age.
These positions are part-time with flexible hours Monday through Saturday with evenings and possible Sunday hours.