Turnstone offers adaptive sports programs for youth and adults, ages 5 and up, who have a physical or visual disability. We offer recreational, competitive, and elite-level fitness and sports programs, clinics, camps, and tournaments. All programs are run by certified coaches and qualified instructors. We welcome everyone from first-time athletes to Paralympic competitors. Many of our programs are inclusive and allow able-bodied peers and family members to participate.
If you are new to Turnstone, your first step is to contact a Sports & Recreation staff member so we may better understand your needs.
Take a look at our Program Guide for April - June 2019!
To see tournament scores and follow Turnstone's teams, like us on Facebook.
Turnstone Adaptive Sports
- Wheelchair basketball (recreational and competitive)
- Power soccer (recreational and competitive)
- Snow skiing
- Goalball (recreational and competitive)
- Wheelchair tennis (recreational and competitive)
- Track and field (recreational and competitive)
- Sled hockey (recreational and competitive)
- Quad rugby
- Table tennis
- Teen Night
- Adult Social Club
- Healthy Minds, Healthy Bodies for veterans
Benefits of Sports Participation
- Improved health and fitness
- Increased strength and endurance
- Enhanced self esteem
- Increased confidence
- Gain leadership and team-building skills
- Increased opportunities for social engagement
- Increased opportunity to participate in school and community sports and recreation programs
- Weight loss/weight control
- Increased opportunity to live and work independently as adults
- Opportunities to develop healthy leisure habits
Expand the event to view the full description.
June 28, 20192019 IBSA Goalball & Judo International Qualifier
Location: Plassman Athletic Center at Turnstone
Time: 7:30am - 5:30pm
If interested in being a part of this international event, please click here to volunteer:
June 28 -July 10 2019
Goalball and Judo IBSA Qualifier
2020 Tokyo Qualifier- Judo and Goalball
Turnstone Center, Fort Wayne IN
Contact: Jaime Garzon 260-969-7677