Life can be unpredictable. Turnstone Center wants to help ensure you have access to support when you need it the most. Short-term and long-term counseling services are now available at Turnstone for anyone facing challenges, changes, and uncertainty. Counseling services can help you navigate life with the unique experiences that can come with physical, intellectual, developmental, and visual disabilities.
Why Use Counseling Services?
Having a strong support system can bring out the best in us and Turnstone’s counselor is uniquely available to come alongside you to support your needs. Common situations that could benefit from counseling support include:
- Feeling overwhelmed
- dealing with grief and loss
- going through a life transition
- difficulty in relationships
- burdens from caregiving
- parenting concerns
- challenging child behavior
- abuse and/or neglect
- academic or professional struggles
- experiencing a life crisis
- working through high levels of stress
Benefits from Counseling Support
Counseling services are available at Turnstone to provide you a source of support free from judgment. Some benefits you could develop through counseling include:
- improving communication skills
- identifying and building positive coping skills
- developing new insights about yourself and life
- improving your self-care
- empowering yourself
- assistance in making healthier choices
- improving relationships with others
All ages, abilities, and life circumstances are eligible to access counseling services. You do not need to be an active client at Turnstone. Insurance coverage and other grant funds are currently covering counseling services free of charge to eligible individuals. Counseling services are conveniently available in-person at Turnstone or virtually. Based on availability, your scheduled counseling sessions may be arranged around existing Turnstone appointments.
To inquire about or schedule a counseling session, please call (260)483-2100 or email Counseling@turnstone.org.