Full-Time Teaching Assistant
The Kimbrough Early Learning Center at Turnstone is seeking a Full-Time Teaching Assistant.
- 9:00am - 5:45pm, Monday-Friday
The children of today will be the leaders of tomorrow—and at Turnstone, our inclusive child care environment found at Turnstone’s Kimbrough Early Learning Center lays a foundation of mutual respect and shared experiences that will impact our community for years to come.
The Kimbrough Early Learning Center is currently seeking two Full-Time Teaching Assistants to join the Turnstone Family and contribute to our investment in the next generation. The Teaching Assistant provides assistance in group and individualized instruction and supervision of the children, ages 2-6 with and without physical, visual, neurological, and/or developmental disabilities.
This is a unique opportunity for individuals interested and experienced in education, particularly for students in the following areas of study: education and special education, speech and language pathology, occupational therapy, and physical therapy. Interested individuals must have the ability to make independent decisions within the scope of duties; plan and prioritize responsibilities; possess excellent communication skills; and demonstrate the ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with peers and clients.
- current and maintained certification in First Aid and CPR
- a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Adhere to Indiana State regulations for licensed childcare centers and Paths to Quality requirements.
- A Child Development Associate (CDA) credential
- Associates degree in Early Childhood education
The Teaching Assistant, under the direction and supervision of the Lead Teacher and the Director of Kimbrough Early Learning Center, will:
- Assist in the preparation of daily activities.
- Provide for the physical, mental, and emotional needs of children.
- Assist in personal needs of the children.
- Assist in classroom activities: follow through with objectives, outcomes, and progress as established by the teacher. Assist with games, feeding, music and free-play.
- Assist in keeping classroom area clean and orderly; organizing, washing toys, disinfecting, dishes and laundry.
- Must possess adequate strength and endurance necessary to assist clients with transfers, ambulation and other functional mobility activities.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
If interested in the above position, please email Cover Letter and Resume to Shawn Hayman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Turnstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.