Working at Turnstone can contribute to a rewarding career serving people with disabilities. We invite qualified applicants to apply for the positions listed below. For all positions, send cover letter and resume to Hannah Elzinga, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Turnstone is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Full Time Teaching Assistant
The Kimbrough Early Learning Center at Turnstone is seeking a charismatic Teaching Assistant with potential hours of: 11:00 am-6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. This exciting position is a great opportunity especially for early childhood educators.
The Teaching Assistant provides assistance in group and individualized instruction and supervision of the early learning center children, ages 3-6 with and without disabilities. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to make independent decisions within the scope of duties; ability to plan and prioritize; possess excellent communication skills; and the ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with peers and clients.
- Current and maintained certification in First Aid and CPR
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential
- Adhere to Indiana State regulations for licensed child care centers and Paths to Quality requirements.
The Teaching Assistant, under the direction and supervision of the Lead Teacher and the Director of
Kimbrough Early Learning Center, will:
- Assist in the preparation of daily activities.
- Provide for the physical, mental, and emotional needs of children.
- Assist in the personal needs of the children.
- Assist in classroom activities: follow through with objectives, outcomes, and progress as established by the teacher. Assist with games, feeding, music, and free-play.
- Assist in keeping classroom area clean and orderly; organizing, washing toys, dishes, and laundry.
- Must possess adequate strength and endurance necessary to assist clients with transfers, ambulation and other functional mobility activities.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Turnstone is seeking enthusiastic and outgoing lifeguards to work with people with disabilities of all ages in their warm water therapy pool.
Lifeguards are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and secure environment for all pool patrons. This includes constant surveillance of patrons while in the facility; acting immediately in an emergency and providing appropriate CPR and first aid skills; providing care and treatment as required until emergency personnel arrive; abiding by, and showing authority with all Board of Health and Turnstone rules and regulations; testing and maintaining balanced chemicals; completing annual lifeguard requirements and training; and maintaining equipment in good, working, and safe condition and stored appropriately. Training includes current basic lifeguarding certification, adult/infant/child CPR, blood borne pathogens, and standard first aid (recognized sources – American Red Cross, Ellis, YMCA, or YWCA).
Must be at least 18 years of age.
These positions are part-time with flexible hours Monday through Saturday with evenings and possible Sunday hours.