Turnstone offers adaptive sports programs for youth and adults, ages 5 and up, who have a physical or visual disability. We offer recreational, competitive, and elite-level fitness and sports programs, clinics, camps, and tournaments. All programs are run by certified coaches and qualified instructors. We welcome everyone from first-time athletes to Paralympic competitors. Many of our programs are inclusive and allow able-bodied peers and family members to participate.
If you are new to Turnstone, your first step is to contact a Sports & Recreation staff member so we may better understand your needs.
Take a look at our Program Guide for January - March 2018!
To see tournament scores and follow Turnstone's teams, like us on Facebook.
Turnstone Adaptive Sports
- Wheelchair basketball (recreational and competitive)
- Power soccer (recreational and competitive)
- Snow skiing
- Goalball (recreational and competitive)
- Wheelchair tennis (recreational and competitive)
- Track and field (recreational and competitive)
- Sled hockey (recreational and competitive)
- Quad rugby
- Table tennis
- Teen Night
- Adult Social Club
- Healthy Minds, Healthy Bodies for veterans
Benefits of Sports Participation
- Improved health and fitness
- Increased strength and endurance
- Enhanced self esteem
- Increased confidence
- Gain leadership and team-building skills
- Increased opportunities for social engagement
- Increased opportunity to participate in school and community sports and recreation programs
- Weight loss/weight control
- Increased opportunity to live and work independently as adults
- Opportunities to develop healthy leisure habits
Expand the event to view the full description.
April 20, 2018Turnstone Endeavor Games
Location: Turnstone, Carroll High School, Homestead High School and X Count
Time: 7:30am - 5:30pm
The Turnstone Endeavor Games is the first competitive weekend in the Endeavor Games series culminating at the 19th Annual UCO Endeavor Games in June. The 2018 Turnstone Endeavor Games include 9 sports — air rifle shooting, sitting volleyball, swimming, power soccer, track and field, wheelchair basketball, goalball and boccia.
The games will open on Friday, April 20 with a day of sports clinics and a welcome party for athletes, coaches and families at the Plassman Athletic Center at Turnstone. The first competitive events begin with Track and Field at 8:00am on April 21st, at Homestead High School and continues through Sunday.
To view a complete schedule of the 2018 Turnstone Endeavor Games or for more information about athlete or volunteer registration, visit www.endeavorgames.com/fortwayne/.
Turnstone Endeavor Games events will be held at four sites across Fort Wayne and admission is free and open to the public.
- Air rifle shooting clinics and competition will take place at The-X-Count Shooting Range (5301 Merchandise Dr, Fort Wayne, IN 46825).
- Boccia, goalball, power soccer, sitting volleyball, wheelchair basketball events will take place at the Plassman Athletic Center at Turnstone (3320 N. Clinton St., Fort Wayne, IN, 46835).
- Track & Field events will be held at Homestead High School (4310 Homestead Rd, Fort Wayne, IN, 46814).
- Swimming clinics and competition will be held at Carrol High School Natatorium (3903 Carroll Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46818).
The Endeavor Games series is supported by national partners Turnstone Center, U.S. Paralympics, Disabled Sports USA, and Hanger Clinic and the Turnstone Endeavor Games is supported by local partners Visit Fort Wayne and Touchstone Energy Cooperatives—Your Local REMC.
*Volunteers are needed for a variety of positions. Each shift will last no more than four hours, and each volunteer will receive a 2018 Turnstone Endeavor Games t-shirt. Sign Up to Volunteer Here
June 21, 20182018 Goalball National Championships
Time: 7:30am - 5:30pm
Turnstone will host the 2018 USABA Goalball National Championships in Fort Wayne, Indiana, June 21-23.
Click here for more information from the United States Association of Blind Athletes including registration and travel information.
July 21, 20182018 Adaptive Sports USA Junior Nationals
Location: Turnstone and other local venues
Time: 7:30am - 5:30pm
Turnstone is excited to host the 2018 Adaptive Sports USA Junior Nationals! This week-long sport championship will be held July 21st - 28th, 2018 in Fort Wayne, IN. This week includes educational clinics, socials, and competition in archery, powerlifting, swimming, track & field, and more. Open for young athletes to the age of 22 with a physical disability and/or visual impairment. Registration opens April 15, 2018.
Visit http://juniornationals.adaptivesportsusa.org/ for more information regarding registration, travel & lodging details, and schedules.
Interested in volunteering? More information will be available here soon!
For sponsorship opportunities please contact Rena Burden at (260) 483-2100 or email@example.com (local) or Susan Rossi at (719) 439-3823 or firstname.lastname@example.org (national).