Turnstone offers adaptive sports programs for youth and adults, ages 5 and up, who have a physical or visual disability. We offer recreational, competitive, and elite-level fitness and sports programs, clinics, camps, and tournaments. All programs are run by certified coaches and qualified instructors. We welcome everyone from first-time athletes to Paralympic competitors. Many of our programs are inclusive and allow able-bodied peers and family members to participate.
If you are new to Turnstone, your first step is to contact a Sports & Recreation staff member so we may better understand your needs.
Take a look at our Program Guide for January - March 2018!
To see tournament scores and follow Turnstone's teams, like us on Facebook.
Turnstone Adaptive Sports
- Wheelchair basketball (recreational and competitive)
- Power soccer (recreational and competitive)
- Snow skiing
- Goalball (recreational and competitive)
- Wheelchair tennis (recreational and competitive)
- Track and field (recreational and competitive)
- Sled hockey (recreational and competitive)
- Quad rugby
- Table tennis
- Teen Night
- Adult Social Club
- Healthy Minds, Healthy Bodies for veterans
Benefits of Sports Participation
- Improved health and fitness
- Increased strength and endurance
- Enhanced self esteem
- Increased confidence
- Gain leadership and team-building skills
- Increased opportunities for social engagement
- Increased opportunity to participate in school and community sports and recreation programs
- Weight loss/weight control
- Increased opportunity to live and work independently as adults
- Opportunities to develop healthy leisure habits
Expand the event to view the full description.
July 21, 20182018 Adaptive Sports USA Junior Nationals
Location: Turnstone and other local venues
Time: 7:30am - 5:30pm
Turnstone is excited to host the 2018 Adaptive Sports USA Junior Nationals! This week-long sport championship will be held July 22nd - 27th, 2018 in Fort Wayne, IN. This week includes educational clinics, socials, and competition in archery, powerlifting, swimming, track & field, and more. Open for young athletes to the age of 22 with a physical disability and/or visual impairment. Registration opens April 15, 2018.
Visit http://juniornationals.adaptivesportsusa.org/ for more information regarding registration, travel & lodging details, and schedules.
Interested in volunteering? Sign up here!
Free admission at all locations for all spectators.
For sponsorship opportunities please contact Rena Burden at (260) 483-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org (local) or Susan Rossi at (719) 439-3823 or email@example.com (national).