Turnstone offers adaptive sports programs for youth and adults, ages 5 and up, who have a physical or visual disability. We offer recreational, competitive, and elite-level fitness and sports programs, clinics, camps, and tournaments. All programs are run by certified coaches and qualified instructors. We welcome everyone from first-time athletes to Paralympic competitors. Many of our programs are inclusive and allow able-bodied peers and family members to participate.
If you are new to Turnstone, please schedule an intake appointment with a social worker so we may better understand your needs. Please click here for specific program eligibility. Contact us at (260) 483-2100 or complete the online contact form.
Turnstone Adaptive Sports
- Wheelchair basketball (recreational and competitive)
- Power soccer (recreational and competitive)
- Snow skiing
- Goalball (recreational and competitive)
- Wheelchair tennis (recreational and competitive)
- Track and field (recreational and competitive)
- Sled hockey (recreational and competitive)
- Quad rugby
- Table tennis
- Teen Night
- Adult Social Club
- Healthy Minds, Healthy Bodies for veterans
Benefits of Sports Participation
- Improved health and fitness
- Increased strength and endurance
- Enhanced self esteem
- Increased confidence
- Gain leadership and team-building skills
- Increased opportunities for social engagement
- Increased opportunity to participate in school and community sports and recreation programs
- Weight loss/weight control
- Increased opportunity to live and work independently as adults
- Opportunities to develop healthy leisure habits
Expand the event to view the full description.
September 13, 2017Culvers Day of Caring
Location: Culvers on Dupont Rd & Washington Center Rd
Time: 10:00am - 10:00pm
Join us on Wednesday, May 11th for Culver's Day of Giving for Turnstone. During this event, Turnstone will receive 20% of the entire day's sales! No flyers necessary. Just stop by either location (Dupont Road or Washington Center Road) and enjoy.
Valid for dine-in, carry-out or drive-thru. Hours are 10:00am-8:00pm.
September 15, 2017ParaTriathlon
Location: Fort Wayne
Time: 9:58am - 9:58am
Join us for this new event.
Free Registration Includes
- Lodging is free for the first 5 veterans to register
- Meals will be provided
- Equipment if needed
- Certified coaches from Dare2Tri
Please contact Jaime Garzon at Jaime@turnstone.org or 260-483-2100 for any inquiries