Working at Turnstone can contribute to a rewarding career serving people with disabilities. We invite qualified applicants to apply for the positions listed below. For all positions, send cover letter and resume to Donna Hartlieb, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Turnstone is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Summer Teaching Assistant
The Kimbrough Early Learning Center at Turnstone is seeking a Teaching Assistant for before and after school care, Monday – Friday, starting May 29 through August 13, 2018. Hours: 10:30am – 5:45pm, with opportunity for more hours to cover staff vacation time.
The Teaching Assistant provides individualized instruction to children and is responsible for the management of the classroom including supervision of the children. . In addition, the candidate must have the ability to make independent decisions within the scope of duties; ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize; possess excellent communication skills; the ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with peers and clients. This position requires current and maintained certification in First Aide and this position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
The Teaching Assistant, under the direction and supervision of the Lead Teacher and the Director of Kimbrough Early Learning Center, will:
- Assist in the preparation of daily activities.
- Implement individual and group instruction. Provide for the physical, mental, and emotional needs of children.
- Assist in personal needs of the children: change diapers, dress and undress, medication administration, and feeding as needed.
- Assist in classroom activities: follow through with objectives, outcomes, and progress as established by the teacher. Assist with games, feeding, music and free-play. Assume share of joint responsibilities. Share ideas and plans.
- Assist in keeping classroom area clean and orderly; organizing, washing toys, dishes and laundry.
- Must possess adequate strength and endurance necessary to assist clients with transfers, ambulation and other functional mobility activities.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Rehab Therapy Services
Therapy services are provided for children with physical disabilities due to orthopedic or neurological conditions or those with developmental delays due to neurological conditions. Therapy is provided at Turnstone for children in our KELC programs or those attending on an outpatient basis. Our therapists enjoy a variety of treatment mediums available within the facility including our Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) Lab and Snoezelen Room.
Therapy services are provided for adults with neurological and physical disabilities related but not limited to stroke, traumatic brain injury, and Parkinson's disease. Therapy is client focused to assist the individual to have the ability to be an independent communicator in all settings.
Speech Language Pathologist (ASHA certified CCC-SLP or SLP-A) - pediatric and adult expereince is preferred.
This position is temporary with possible future part time position.